Accession Nr.: 851
Manufacturer: Schreiber Glass Factory (Zayugróc)
Place of production: Zayugróc (Uhrovec)
Inscription: Schreiber J. és unokaöccsei cs. és kir. szab.,
üveggyára
Materials: glass
Techniques: blown; enamel painting; gilded
Dimensions:
height: 11 cm
length: 8 cm
depth: 7 cm
The broad, relatively high, conical foot supports a short, disked stem that holds the upwardly narrowing, ball-shaped cup, equipped with a winged handle on two sides. The foot is striped with gold and painted with rocailles and spots in high enamel. Both sides of the cup are decorated with angle heads in a rocaille frame, flanked by two cornucopiae. The two illustrations are connected with flower garlands. The handles are enriched with waves painted in high enamel, gilding, and the vitriol blue wings, (see the donation register of the Zay-Ugrócz Glass Factory, 1896, IM Archives KLT 144.)

Literature

  • Vejrostová Markéta: Luxury and Decorative Glass: The Production of the Reichs and the Schreibers, 1850 - 1918. Moravská Galerie, Brno, 2010. - 50.
  • a kiállítást rendezte: Batári Ferenc, Vadászi Erzsébet: Historizmus és eklektika. Az európai iparművészet stíluskorszakai. Iparművészeti Múzeum, Budapest, 1992. - Nr. 321. (Varga Vera)
  • Katona Imre: Poharak, kupák, serlegek. Corvina Kiadó, Budapest, 1978. - Nr. 40